Even with increased demand for construction services, competition is fierce for drywall finishers and carpenters who are solo operators or run their own businesses. But, home improvement and construction companies who use sales enablement with an AI-powered CRM can operate quicker and more efficiently than their larger competitors, giving them a competitive advantage.
Combined, sales enablement and an AI-powered CRM system can help your business overcome industry challengesi such as:
1. Labor Shortages: The entire construction industry faces qualified labor shortages, and your company probably does too. On top of being short-staffed, workers are tied up with more “busy work” than ever before. A CRM powered by AI-powered sales enablement can help with repetitive tasks, including sending emails, updating records, and following up with leads and clients. This can free up time for workers to focus on what matters more and help them get their jobs done.
2. Inconsistent Quality: Using an AI-powered CRM with sales enablement can help owners continue to train and update their employees. Team members, including sales, client services, and field technicians, can access training and educational resources even when they are out of the office and achieve consistent, high-quality output.
3. Low Productivity: Constant interruptions during the working day and employees who do not feel empowered are some of the reasons why teams experience low productivity. A CRM using AI can help management identify areas and practices that can be improved and measure those gains.
4. Safety Issues: With continued training and evaluation available on your CRM’s learning management system, new and veteran workers can be trained at regular intervals to minimize back injury hazards, avoid silica exposure, prevent falls off ladders, and learn how to use hand and power tools properly.
5. Low Sales: AI-powered CRMs with sales enablement can reduce low sales and sub-par customer service. Your CRM can help automate repetitive tasks, including lead tracking and qualification, appointment setting and follow-up, as well as other communication forms. Sales enablement allows your team to follow buyer’s journeys and match them every step of the way.
Using an AI-powered CRM combined with sales enablement can help your drywall finishing and carpentry company in many ways, giving you advantages that your competitors – even larger and more established ones – lack.
The AI (artificial intelligence) in a CRM helps to automate and manage lead intake, lead management, customer relationships, and employee empowerment.
Sales enablement provides the tools and resources your sales team needs (even if that’s just one person) to close more sales in less time.
Your smaller drywall finisher or carpentry business can compete with larger and more established companies by using a CRM, which can provide a competitive edge, win contracts, and help you stay relevant in the face of larger competitors. Using a CRM daily can help small-to-medium-sized construction companies save time, money, and resources in various construction and administrative processes.
Another way is to differentiate from larger competitors by being more flexible in structure and able to adapt to the times. Large construction companies are slow to change and wary of emerging technologies. Motivated by past successes, companies in this tier are liable to keep the status quo and rely on processes that served them in the past. Next level technology can let you bypass your competition.
Before you begin using a CRM, or even if you already are using one, follow these best practices to ensure you to get the most out of it.
1. Define your measurable goals: You’ll need clear and measurable goals to find what works and what does not. You can always change these goals and measurements later, but you need to start with goals in mind.
2. Search for the Right CRM: Many different CRM systems are available, and not every system will be functional for home improvement or economically viable. You’ll want to find one that works with mobile teams, is free for up to 10 users, has sales enablement, and is powered by AI. (Shameless plug, that is TigerLRM.)
3. Revise or create content: A large part of sales enablement is having content available for your sales and client services teams. This content is both for leads and clients, as well as for your teams, so that they can match the customer buying process. Sales enablement will help you design your content.
4. Update and create training: Both new and existing team members need constant training not just on your techniques, safety, estimates, and other industry-specific topics but also on marketing, sales, customer service, and how to use your CRM.
5. Use it: Ensure that you are in your CRM – EVERY DAY – starting from management down the line, that everyone is using it.
Don’t have a sales enablement program or manager? TigerLRM can help you get your sales enablement program up and running quickly without hiring additional personnel with our sales enablement services.
Using sales enablement will empower and guide your team to follow your customers' buying journey and match them every step of the way. Furthermore, sales enablement helps you deliver extraordinary customer service, allowing you to keep existing clients and get new referrals.
Sales enablement can be used to determine and measure your goals and KPIs and provide feedback for your sales and client service teams.
A CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system is software used on your phone, tablet, or laptop that helps your company document every interaction with your existing clients and new leads. It’s used by all departments, including sales, customer service, and field techs in your company, and lets your teams operate as one single unit.
Every team and manager can have a detailed view of each client, resulting in a “one-truth” that aligns completely with all of your teams, management, and clients to see how your company interacts with them.
The data generated over time from your CRM can help refine your lead targeting, marketing, and growth planning.
TigerLRM is the CRM for small to medium-sized businesses, with built-in sales enablement to improve organization and customer service.
You can utilize TigerLRM for job scheduling, payment processing, signing sales orders on the job site, and employee and client scheduling. You can do this from your office or the robust app.
With TigerLRM’s AI-powered marketing, you can use automated follow-ups for bids, customer drip campaigns, and more.
TigerLRM integrates with software programs you probably use now, including QuickBooks, G-mail, Stripe, DocuSign, Twilio, WhatsApp, RingCentral, Outlook, and others.
Finding and engaging the right buyers can be challenging for electricians and electrical contractors, but doing so means better clients and more closed leads. Using a customer relationship management (CRM) system with sales enablement provides your team with the necessary tools to overcome these challenges. Using a CRM with Sales Enablement powered by AI can lead to improved alignment, stronger customer relationships, and increased sales efficiency. Equipping electricians and electrical contractors with the right software and tools will allow your business to grow and be on an equal playing field with larger competitors.
To assign a sales enablement user, simply go to Administrator > User Management > Edit User.
Once you are on the user's information, you can select if you want them to be "Non-Admin," "Admin," or part of the "Enablement Team." Save this information, and your desired user will have the right access.You can access your Dashboard here.